Thursday, March 23, 2006

In an earlier post I think I mentioned a lady I met through the 101 class at church. Her name was Dovey and she was very interested in having me meet her grandson. Over the past few months I became good friends with her and her husband. Occasionally I would sit with them on Sunday mornings. She would call me once a week just to check on me and make sure I was doing alright.

This afternoon around 4:00 my cell phone started ringing at work. This was odd because my phone never, ever has picked up service at my desk--I usually have to go outside. Later I realized there must have been divine intervention involved. Keith, Dovey's grandson, called me to let me know that both his grandmother and grandfather were killed in a car accident last night. This news was such a shock to me. It's hard to realize I won't be receiving my weekly calls or sitting with them at church.

The funeral is Saturday which I can't go to because of work. The viewing will be tomorrow from 5-8 so after work I am going to make my way to Bedias, TX. Please keep this family in your prayers.

2 comments:

Mark said...

I will be in prayer for her family. And also for you. It must be hard to see a new friendship slip through your fingers...

Julie said...

i am so sorry to hear this. i am praying for you a lot today!