Friday, March 10, 2006

New Experiences

Today I learned some things that most people would learn as a wedding planner or caterer. We had a fancy dinner that was taking place in the museum that evening (thank goodness I didn't have to stay for it) and we had to get the tables and chairs ready beforehand. The chairs, 24 of them, had white silk covers with gold sashes, which had to be tied in fancy bows. Effie, who I have found can do anything, taught me how to make these bows--I was so proud of myself. After tieing the bows I made my way back to the office where I learned how to fold silk napkins.Below is a picture of how we folded the napkins. I'm so ready to give a dinner party or start a catering business on the side.


During a tour today I learned the importance of explaining the glass coverings to the exhibits. I was showing the Jacale house to a group of kids when the first kid in line ran head on into the glass. I had to choke back a giggle.

1 comment:

Brooke said...

I'm jealous of your napkin folding. I learned many cool napkin folds during my years at Fairway, but never that one. You'll have to teach me next time I see you!