Monday, March 20, 2006

A little fall of rain

Tonight I talked on the phone with my mom and I realized we haven't talked in almost two weeks. We both have been so busy these past few weeks we just haven't thought about calling. I found out my sister,Traci, had a little mouth surgery today. She had some of her gum cut away after her braces were tightened. (It's stories like this that make me so happy I never had braces). She was in some pain tonight and has a swollen lip.

Through our talk, I also found out about a few things that made me a little sad. First of all my sister, Jennifer, is getting baptized this Wednesday at University! I'm so incredibly happy for her but a part of me is also very upset that I won't be there to see this important decision. I really want to be there.

Secondly I am coming to Abilene in two weekends for my mom's birthday. I'm going to have to work on Monday so I'm going to try to come into town Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. My mom has a special trip she takes every year with 3 other friends and she accidently planned it for that weekend. She thought I would be in town on Monday so we could hang out. But now we are going to try and have lunch on that Friday. It was just a little upsetting because it's getting to the busy season at work and I don't know if I will be able to come back to Abilene for awhile.

Even though these items were a little upsetting, it still was very good to talk with my mom!

No comments: