Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Museum Visit

On my day off today I decided to venture out and see one of the tourist attractions of College Station. I visited the George Bush Library and Museum. It was a very well put together museum that discussed the life and presidency of George Bush Sr. Here are a few things I learned:

*George Bush was the ambassador to the U.N.
*For about 4 years George Bush was the director of the C.I.A

I have to admit that I found myself comparing the exhibits to the ones in our museum. Mainly I was noticing that the labels were made the same way as ours...and I've made those before! Behind the museum is a large pond to walk around. I also found a bridge and a pathway that lead to the enclosed gravesite where George and Barbra Bush will be buried.

*Word to the wise*
If you are lactose and tolerant to some degree do not, no matter how much of a craving you have, do not eat a fudge brownie concrete from Shakes. Though it may taste good for a few minutes, it is not worth the two hours of pain later that afternoon.

2 comments:

Mary said...

Oh, Erin, that is my absolute favorite-est concrete flavor at Shakes!!! I'm sorry you are not able to enjoy it. :-(

Lauren said...

EC, :-) I hate to burst your bubble, but you're "lactose intolerant" not "lactose and tolerant."

Did I tell you that Curtis and I want to get a dog? We want to adopt a retired racing greyhound. It's so exciting! You should look up info about them on google. They're really cool. But I asked the Powells if we could get one and they said no. :-( It's been a sad week. I still really want one.