Thursday, April 13, 2006

A Blend of Purple in the Maroon

Last night in the Aggie class a special treat awaited us...especially those of us ACU grads. A group of ACU grad students who use to be Aggies came to visit along with the guest speaker that evening: Dr. Jack Reese. It was such a wonderful feeling to see a professor that is well linked with my alma mater (first time to use that phrase). During our meet and greet time I turned around to meet someone new and was face to face with Justin Thomason who I knew from Sunday Devo at Slade and Dava Lynn's. As Dr. Reese got up to speak, I leaned across the row of girls I was sitting with to make my wildcat sign to Amanda Scott, also a recent ACU graduate. It was a very comforting night.

Keith's car is still not fixed so I was asked to give him a ride which I don't mind.The only problem was when he called to ask for the ride he called me "hey you" which in my mind is sort of an intimate title. And my body, mind, and voice went into a very defensive mode all night. He is a nice guy but I just don't see anything happening there. I want to be a friend to him because of his loss but not have him take it the other way. Oy!

Garrett Hoskins and Andy Williams are living in CS for the next 3 months while going through A&M's Firefigher School. We already have lose plans to eat Easter lunch together. My hope is that we can get a group of Ultimate frisbee people together over time...we shall see.

No comments: