Tuesday, April 25, 2006

LOTR Addict

Answer to the Pop Question: On April 21, 1836 the Battle of San Jacinto occurred. In the fight for Independence this was the battle where the Texians defeated the Mexican soldiers in a battle that lasted only 18 minutes. The suprise attack occurred when the Republic Army attacked while the Mexican soldiers took a nap. (Probably more than you wanted to know).


I have been on a Lord of the Rings kick for the past week. Two weekends ago the first two movies came on t.v. and I finished it off by watching my own copy of the third movie. Now I have moved on to the appendicies. When you haven't watched them in quite awhile it feels like you are watching them for the first time. I also have a hankering to read the books again. Unfortunatly I don't own my own copies--last time I read my mom's. So perhaps this week I can find my own copies and have something to read as summer looms up over the horizon :)

2 comments:

Mark said...

I love summer reading. Plenty of time to read all the stuff you wanted to read throughout the year. I guess the museum will just get busier this summer though, eh?

Mary said...

I had forgotten about the battle at San Jacinto! A major turning point in the war, as I recall. Yes, I need to get back on the LOTR bandwagon and get the extended editions! I haven't seen them in a while. I can't wait for the summer!