Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Work Shananigans

My bosses left today for the TAM (Texas Association of Museum) conference in Beumont which will last the rest of the week. I was actually suppose to go on this trip but because of scheduling confusion I will have to wait till next year. Oh well--that just means party this week at the museum! Before they left I gave Anne a special going away present...at least that's what I called it. We were standing in the office and Anne was telling me about the car situation they had this morning. While she was talking I made some face that caused my mouth to open wide and my gum shot straight out onto the carpet. Anne busted into laughter--she said the best part was my face after the gum fell out. She actually had tears in her eyes because she was laughing so hard.

Later this afternoon Effie and I were talking via shouting across offices. I don't remember what we started talking about but during the conversation I think she was subtly trying to figure out if I was truly happy with my job. She said "you know we have a rule that you have to stay at least 3 years in this job". I assurred her I would be here for quite awhile. I fit very well here!

No comments: