Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Have you noticed how time seems to go faster as you get older? The weeks just fly by; I blink and a month has passed. I hardly can believe that I have lived in College Station for over 6 months--it doesn't seem like that much time has passed. When I was much younger I remember time creeping along like a snail. It was ages until my birthday rolled around and then another century until Christmas.

Saturday evening I am going (with Christy Weathers) to the Global Night Commune for the Invisible Children. From what I have read about it there are people all over the world I believe, meeting in areas and sleeping in tents all night to assimilate what the children in Africa must do every night. One of the Commune's will be in College Station and I am very thrilled to be apart of this. I remember my senior year when my roommate Brooke brought home this dvd she had watched in one of her classes. I was absolutely floored that there were places in the world where children were forced to carry guns and kill other individuals. Children who had to leave their family and hide at night in fear. It really makes you realize how blessed we are to live in freedom and know that you will wake up under a roof with food on the table.

www.invisiblechildren.com

1 comment:

Mary said...

Erin, I know how you feel about the time thing. I can't believe this semester has already flown by! Also, that's awesome that you are going to that event with Christy. Tell her I said hi, by the way! I saw a show on Oprah about the children in Uganda who have to walk miles and miles every night to escape rebel soldiers, who would kidnap them and force them to be in their armies. That is so scary.