Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Kindred Spirits

This weekend I immersed myself in Anne of Green Gables: The Continuing Story. The third movie in the saga of Anne and Gilbert--ahh! It just makes a girl happy...I don't think guys understand these movies. Nothing compares to the first movie: broken slates, "carrots", kindred spirits, walking ridge poles, the Anne and Gilbert tension--what more could you want!


There she weaves by night and day
A magic web with colors gay
She has heard a whisper say
a curse is on her if she stay
To look down to Camalot...

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I absolutely LOVE Anne of Green Gables! I want to marry Gilbert Blythe. The end. But then, what girl doesn't?

Julie said...

i have these movies and watch them all the time (and swoon). i bought my mom the continuing story (#3), but i can't bring myself to watch it. half the fun of the green gables movies is watching gilbert try to win anne. and the gorgeous music, which i've heard the third one really doesn't have. do you like the third installment?

Mary said...

I totally hear you, Erin. I remember the week before I left Abilene last summer to move to San Antonio, all the Herald of Truth girls came over to my house to watch the second film. What great memories Anne and her adventures conjure up in my mind!