Thursday, September 14, 2006

Close Call

Sometimes on my 30 minute drive home from work I talk with my mom on my cell phone. On some weeks this is my best opportunity to talk with her because my evenings tend to get jam packed with stuff. There is a part of the highway that is under construction and traffic is directed off the highway onto the feeder road. While on this road the speed limit is 55. While talking with my mom I didn't really take in my surroundings. I was on the 55 mph road when I happened to look in my rearview mirror and see a highway patrolman on my bumper. I then looked down to see that I was going 65. I told my mom, in a frantic hurry, that I had to get off. So I quickly slow down and try to look as innocent as possibly. When I moved over for the patrolman to pass I realize it wasn't just one patrol car but 4 behind me!!! It looked like they were on a mission to get somewhere...otherwise I'm pretty sure they would have pulled me over. Once they passed I called my mom back and told her what happened. She laughed and was very glad I wasn't in a car accident. As I talked with her for the second time I exited the highway into College Station. As I neared the red light I suddenly was behind the same 4 patrolmen. So, out of fear, I told my mom I would call her tomorrow. Sheesh!


I am in lament today for Kayne who was sadly kicked off Project Runway last night. A moment of silence in reverence...

No comments: