Friday, September 01, 2006

Friday Stuff

So the girl who use to have my job got married in November and moved to California. Her mother works the front desk part time so we get to hear all that is going on with her. We were some of the first to find out she was pregnant and due in October. Yesterday we received an email that she had been admitted to the hospital, 6 weeks early. The baby boy was born healthy at 5 pounds 3 ounces.

The women in the office began telling stories of their pregnancies (the one male at the museum was gone for the day). After hearing those stories I am perfectly fine with not having children for quite awhile.

Last night we had our first 9:00 devo on campus. I've really missed these over the summer. As we were walking to the devo, Travis and I walked past Kyle Field. We saw all the lights lit up and the big screen on, getting ready for the game tomorrow. I HAVE to go to a game sometime this semester!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Erin, I totally understand about not wanting to have kids anytime soon. Since Derek and I are married, we felt compelled to join the "Young Marrieds" life group at our church. Little did we know that half of them would become pregnant and have babies this year! I've heard so much stuff that scares me and other stuff that makes me want to gag - I think that it will be a few years before Derek and I go down that road!