Thursday, September 21, 2006

Update

Once again I have slacked off from my blog. So here are some updates:

Saturday

I worked and helped with a small teacher workshop. That evening wonderful Travis cooked chicken alfredo--it was so good. I seriously think I could have eaten all of it by myself. After eating we watched the intense A&M vs. Army game. During the last 4 minutes of the last quarter my entire body was completely tensed up. I didn't watch the last 19 seconds because I was so nervous. But we won--yeah!

Sunday

We had an interesting time at church Sunday. Right at the end of class the electricity in the entire building went out. Everyone made there way to the auditorium. Our preacher was yelling as loud as possible (no microphones) the instructions for the morning: sing a few songs, take communion, and leave. Of course that day I wore a longer sleeved shirt because it is usually cold.

Monday

I had to go to the dentist. It's been way too long. One of the new things they had (or new since I've been to the dentist) was a small camera that took pictures of my teeth and then projected them on a tv screen. Truth be told I could have lived a happy life without seeing my teeth. Apparently part of my filling has come out and I have to get it replaced next week--not looking forward to that.

Tuesday

We had a reception for a group of Chinese people--I think they might have been professors. The reception was from 4-6 and we had to stay the whole time. We ended up leaving the museum at 6:30 which meant I got home close to 7:00. I then changed, ate a little something and headed off to my girl's bible study.
Fun Story: Travis picked my up for bible study (he attends men's bible study). Our study finished before the guys-way before. Our GAP class was meeting for coffee at 9:00. So instead of waiting I wrote a fun little note and left it on Travis's truck (my purse was held captive inside the vehicle along with my phone). I then rode with Amanda Scott to coffee. Travis showed up 5 or so minutes later. He enjoyed the note--you know you liked it, Travis!

No comments: