Saturday, September 30, 2006

Stressful Week

This week was very busy and stressful at work. Actually my work wasn't all that stressful but because I had so many things to do each day it caused me a lot of stress. I believe this stress, busyness, and lack of sleep has caused me to contract a bit of a cold. I feel very lousy today as I sit at my work desk. I have to keep telling myself that my weekend is almost here.

This week Anne and I spent two days at Blinn College in Bryan giving a special program to the Texas History classes. I had never given this program or seen it. I have become very use to speaking in front of a group of elementary or middle school aged children but this was different. These were people who were 2-5 years younger than me--not much of an age difference. Monday we had 6 classes to present to. Anne did the first 2 classes to allow me to watch and drink in the information. I gave the next 2 and did a pretty good job. Once I got going I wasn't nervous at all. That day we did not leave campus until 7:00. I was exhausted.

Wednesday was another long and tiring day. We had our program for home school children--again a program I have never given but have seen a couple times. I did the morning session and Judy did the afternoon session. This lasted until about 3:00. I was completely wiped out. But I couldn't relax after work--It was my week to teach the kindergarten class at church. By the end of the evening I was almost delirious.

Then the very next day I had to go to Blinn again to make presentations in 4 more classes. Luckily that day Anne and I ended at 4:00. During the presentations on this day my throat was starting to clog a bit and I had a rather annoying cough. Friday I was able to just sit all day at my desk and catch up on everything I had missed this week. My allergy/cold symptoms became a bit worse that morning. I took some Clariton at lunch and felt a lot better as the afternoon went on. That evening a group of us were going to the Woodlands to hear the Houston Symphony. I almost told Travis I couldn't make it but I felt so much better I was sure I could make it. Well, I slept on the way there. At the concert we sat on blankets on a grassy knoll. Symphonic music has a very relaxing feel and when you are already tired it is not a good combination. I laid down the entire time, listening to the music but also sleeping. I felt so weird afterwards--I was tired, weak, and phlegmy. We ate at Bennigan's after the concert. I ordered potato soup and after eating slept while everyone else finished. Again on the way home I slept. It got to the point that I felt so tired and weird that I wanted to start crying.

This morning I didn't feel the tired weird feeling but I still have some allergy problems. I'm just trying to make it through the work day now.

*Travis has been so wonderful this week (not that he isn't every week). He has been there every night to help me destress and relax. He also has been taking care of me in my sick state. I don't know what I would have done without him.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You need some rest girl! Sounds like you are on your way to a sinus infection!!! I miss you and love you!