Monday, September 11, 2006

Pellet Guns, Bites, and Blood

Last night I went over to Travis's after church. We ate sandwhiches for dinner and then he read Plato's Republic for his class while I read The Screwtape Letters. It was calm and serene but that was going to change...

We heard Tong and Leigh from the other room and went to see what was happening. In the comotion I noticed Travis grabbing the pellet gun and getting ready to shoot Leight. Well, of course I had to protect her so while he still had the gun down, pointed at his leg, I pulled the trigger. He was so shocked that I had shot him. As I was leaving the room, I soon felt this quick, sharp pain on my backside. He shot me in the butt! The craziness died down and we went back to reading.

Then we heard Leigh yelling for help. When I heard her I said I would come help but someone decided to keep that from happening. Travis threw me over his shoulder and started to take me out to the living room (on the way down the hall he happened to hit my head on the wall). Tong was trying to keep Leigh pinned down on the couch. To keep me from helping Travis did the same with me. It's not fair that boys are stronger than girls. I fought as hard as I could but he kept tickling. He finally got me by sitting on my legs and holding my arms in a crossed position. I was stuck.

Things got even more fun when Leigh and I started to play dirty. It started when Leigh bit Tong really hard--she left teeth marks! So Travis got some ice for the injury and kept a piece for himself. He then put the ice down my pant leg and it traveled quite a ways up my leg. I got it out and was trying my hardest to get it down his shirt but he is just to strong! So I got creative. I started coughing in a way that it sounded like I was choking and he immediatly had me stand up. I was free and quickly stuck the ice down his shirt. But apparently when my hand went to put the ice down I accidently hit him in the the face causing him to bite the inside of his lip, drawing some blood.

What a great night!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Maybe I need to have a talk with this Travis fellow and tell him how to treat a real woman such as yourself.

Seriously, you sound happy and he sounds great (despite these brutal attacks -- it sounds like you can hold your own). Bring him to Abilene sometime!

Mary said...

Man, you guys play rough! Yes, in answer to your question, Derek and I are going to be in Abilene for Homecoming weekend. We had already decided to come that weekend before we even knew it was homecoming! And it's McMurry's Homecoming too - craziness.