Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Super Good!

This weekend went wonderfully! I was so nervous about Travis meeting my parents but everything was great. I had him come over to my apartment at 6:45 so we could head to dinner. At 6:40 I positioned myself in front of my door, looking out the peephole. I wanted to go meet him outside and walk with him so he didn't have to come in alone. He was perfectly fine about the whole thing. We went to eat at Cheddars and he told stories about A&M and my parents and sisters told stories about me (thankfully not anything bad). After dinner we went back to my apartment and talked for awhile.

Sunday my family came to the GAP (Graduates and Young Professionals) class. Travis was teaching and I was afraid my family would make him nervous but he said it was fine for them to come. He has taught our class twice before but I have always been out of town. So this was my first time to hear him and he did an absolutely wonderful job!

We all went to Sunday lunch at On the Border. Then that evening after church we all went to Freebirds. On Sunday anytime we drove anywhere my sisters jumped in the back seat of Travis's truck. He introduced them to some Weird Al Yankovich songs which they loved. Automatically he started joking and bantering them which is exactly what they like.

He told me he really enjoyed meeting my family and liked them. And in return my family really liked him. My mom was the only one to voice the acceptance (at dinner on Saturday Travis went to the bathroom and my mom said "I like him")but I could tell from the other family members' actions that they approved.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Erin, I'm so glad your weekend went well, with Travis meeting your family. Once the family approves, it's smooth sailing...pretty much. :-)