Saturday, September 02, 2006

A Great Surprise!

My Saturday work day started out as they usually do. This morning I was immersed in a new project--I have been asked to create a program for Boy Scouts to earn their Texas Badge. As it got close to lunch time, Ketra, who works the front desk, came in to tell me someone upstairs needed help. My first thought was someone was hurt, but she said someone had a question about something in a case. (I have mixed feelings when this happens because often times I don't know the answer to their question and I feel bad). So I made my way up the ramp. When I got to the top I didn't see any one up there. I heard someone in the boat and was about to walk over there when someone else came from behind one of the exhibits. It was Travis! He brought a picnic lunch for us and then got Ketra to help him surprise me. It was the best! Over the past 2 weeks he has been figuring out what I like so he would know what to bring. He made me a plain chicken sandwhich on wheat bread with Chex Mix, grapes, and oatmeal cookies. He has definatly earned many points for this!!

Tonight he is eating dinner with my family--exciting!

1 comment:

Brooke said...

you definitely picked a winner here. hold on to him!!