Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Camel Humps

Tonight I am teaching the Kindergarten class at church the story of Isaac and Rebecca. I am planning to have the kids dress up and act out the story. There is a camel (minor role) in the story and I really wanted some way to have a kid dress up. So I asked the secretary at work, Effie, how I might go about making a camel hump. She thought for a moment and then told me to follow her. We found some brown cloth and cotton stuffing material. Effie then made a large circle out of mat board. We proceeded to place the material around the circle, stuff the stuffing inside and then staple the material around the circle. We also attached two pieces of material on either side to tie the hump on. (P.S. Our bosses are out this week so we were able to do this). I'm really excited to see the little kids wear the hump!


*Very, Very Random Thought: When you load a stapler with new staples do you ever feel like you are loading a large bullet into a rifle?

No comments: