Saturday, August 19, 2006

A Bad Morning

This morning started out alright but then one little thing happened and then another and another which quickly turned it into a very frustrating time. I decided I was in need of a mocha frappacino from Starbucks before I made my trek to work. So I made sure I had about 15 minutes extra to get there. I was a couple minutes past that leaving my apartment. I was almost to the main street when i realized I left my lovely salad I made for lunch on the table. **Incident #1**

So I had to go back and get it. So running 5 minutes behind not too much of a problem. As I'm going down the road I happen to glance down at the car gauges. I forgot I was almost out of gas--rats! **Incident #2**

So I stopped at a gas stationto fill up and use my debit card. There are some gas pumps now that ask for you zip code and if it doesn't match up it won't let you use it. Well, for some reason my debit card and zip code never match up. I had to cancel the transaction and grab my credit card. **Incident #3**

When I finally got to Starbucks there were 3 people in front of me. Of course every other time I have gone before work noone else was there. It's like they knew I was late and came out of the nooks and cranys to beat me. **Incident #4**

Though it's not a big deal if I am a little late to work, I still drove about 5 miles over the speed limit to get there at a "fashionably late" time. I was less than 10 minutes late and saw that one of the desk workers was already here. As I walk towards the door I hear someone call my name. Ketra was sitting in her car eating her breakfast. She told me she had trouble getting the door unlocked. So I went to try it. The lock would not turn at all and sometimes my key would get stuck in the lock. I was getting so frustrated because it wouldn't open and because it was really hot outside (and I was sweating...no glistening in my work clothes). The solution was to walk around to the front, enter, and run like the dickens to turn off the alarm. **Incident #5**

We were finally in the building and I could relax and try to make the day better. But then the phone rang. It was the alarm company saying they had a warning from our building and had dispatched someone to come out there. I guess in trying to open the door we set off the alarm. They asked if they should cancel the dispatch and I told them yes. Then they asked for the password. What password??? I put them on hold while Ketra and I ran around like chickens with their heads cut off. After a few minutes I remembed I had the card with the code in my wallet. **Incident #6**

Oy! I'm really hoping the rest of today is not as insane as this morning!

2 comments:

Julie said...

You poor thing! I hope your afternoon improves!

Mary said...

Hang in there, Erin - there's always days that go bad. Just think - tomorrow is another day!