Thursday, August 17, 2006

Slacked Off

I can't believe how much I have slacked off on my blogging responsibility. I usually crank out my posts at work but the past few days have been kind of nuts. Yesterday my phone just kept ringing--I was very close to throwing it out the window!

This past weekend I went to Dallas to help my family pack up my grandmother's house. Saturday it was just my dad, my sisters, my mom, and I moving things. I was very impressed with what we accomplished: two couches (one was a sleeper), two large bookcase shelves, big huge dresser. It was hard though knowing I wouldn't be coming to this house anymore. I'm not even sure how long my grandparents lived in this house--I know they were in it before my mom went to college. Sunday was my grandmother's last time at her church. There was a special tribute to her--someone had put together a little slideshow of pictures of her and my granddad. And let's just say my grandmother, my mom, Traci, and I were letting the tears fall as they may. It was a very emotional weekend but I'm glad my grandmother will be closer to my mom and I will be able to see her more often.

This week I have started a new regimine (spelling?). I use to do my workouts on my Gazelle at night then take a shower before I went to bed. Well, lately my nights have been full of activities and I haven't had time for my workouts. So Tuesday I started getting up at 6:20 to workout and take a shower. This is a big deal because I hate getting up early. If I can sleep in I will. So far I have kept to this schedule for 3 days--the main thing that helps me get up is knowing I have to take a shower so I might as well get sweaty beforehand. I also have started watching the Today Show in the morning. So now I am abreast of pertinant news.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow! sounds like there won't be much "slacking off" for you in the near future! i hated waking up early too - but if i'm going to workout, it may as well be before the million other things start calling out for attention. keep it up, and remember that trina is always looking for a workout buddy (driving to abilene burns calories too!)

Mary said...

Erin, I know how you feel - I am getting up everyday at 6:25 to do the Denise Austin Daily Workout on Lifetime. It's been hard, but I've been doing it for over a week and a half now and it's starting to get easier to get up. And I hate exercising and getting up! You can do it, girl.