Thursday, August 10, 2006

Volunteers and Hot Chocolate

Last night after my knitting class, I was talking with some friends when Andrei found me and said I needed to meet someone. So he introduced me to Bob Davidson and his wife, the parents of the college minister at church. Bob helps with the school that meets at the church building and they were in need of someone to lead the kids in a devotional next Thursday morning. So Andrei tells Bob that my boyfriend, Travis, (p.s. that was the first time I heard someone say the "b" word) would be great at that. I said I would have to check because I knew he worked in the mornings. We talked for a while longer and then Andrei threw in something to the affect of "Travis will do a good job on Thursday" and I had to interject saying he hadn't committed to anything yet.

So when I saw Travis later that evening I told him he had been voluntered for something. After I told him what it was I expected him to say he wouldn't be able to do it. But he said that he would be there. Apparently he has done this before and loves it! (awe)

Also last night Travis picked the perfect activity for us. He had come into possession of some "gourmet" hot chocolate mixes (special flavors like amaretto and tiramesu). So he suggested we drink hot chocolate while watching...Sense and Sensability! Not too many guys would willingly sit through this movie. He said he liked it but admitted it was a chick flick. It was the perfect activity!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Any male who will sit through a Jane Austen flick deserves high praise, for sure. You know how to pick 'em! :-)

Brooke said...

so when do we get to see a picture of this ideal man? and, are there others in the world like him, and where can i find one? :)

Mary said...

Erin, oh my word, this man is great! I'd be lucky to get Derek to watch anything besides ESPN (just kidding! he likes sports movies too!). But seriously, this one sounds like a keeper!