Saturday, August 05, 2006

This and That

* Thursday a state represenatives wife came to visit the museum. So I was the one on quard to greet her and make sure she and her guests entered for free. She was very nice and eager to meet all of the staff. I made sure to give her grandson some free postcards and such :)

*At Oasis Thursday night we had my favorite snack--brownies and ice cream! A lot of times I like to think that I don't have a problem with dairy or that the small amount of pain is bearable. Unfortunately this time I woke up at 4:00 in the morning with horrible stomach cramps--oy!

*Thursday evening Travis and I played Disney Scene it! I adore Disney and I play this game and Disney Trivia a whole lot. I won the first game and I hate to admit it but Travis won the second. Although there will be a rematch sometime...

* Don't you hate it when simple words look misspelled? During the course of this post the words "guests" and "although" have looked very funny to me.

* Friday we had a "skeleton crew" at the museum. I was the only staff member with 3 of the part time people. So we did what we always do when not many people are working...we got something special for lunch! This time it was the bar b que place just down the road. I'm not the biggest bbq fan (I know I'm not a true Texan) but I really like these sandwhiches. It's probably because the meat is placed on homemade bread and I am a bread connoisseur.

*Friday afternoon at work I felt yuck. By the time I got home I felt like I had been hit by a train. I was planning to help Heather move into her new apartment in my complex but I took a nap instead. After the nap I still felt all swimmy in my head so I continued to lay on the couch. Later Travis came to help me feel better--he made me some tea (awe). My head feels better today but I still have some allergy problems--grrr!

*Tonight I am going with my girls to the Woodlands for a surprise party...for a girl I don't know. I figure I can represent all the people who couldn't make it to the party :)

No comments: