Sunday, August 27, 2006

A Good Movie

Tonight I watched The Ron Clark Story on TNT. Matthew Perry stars in this made for tv movie which is about a real teacher who taught inner city kids in New York. I LOVED this movie!!! I love true stories about teachers who change students lives--teachers who take the time and patience to reach these kids and really care about them. He saw their potential not their economic status. I must admit there were parts I teared up at.

Speaking of crying at movies...I also watched Man on Fire this weekend. First of all I didn't know about some of the gruesome scenes in this movie. I thought it would be all action and violence. But then came the end of the movie--the waterworks started. And what's worse was I watched it with Travis. So I was trying my hardest not to cry. I failed miserably. Stupid female sensitivity!

1 comment:

Mary said...

It's okay to cry! I liked that Matthew Perry movie too - it was surprisingly good for a made-for-TV-movie!