Saturday, February 25, 2006

A Few Random Thoughts

This week has flown by very quickly. The atmosphere at the museum is a little stressed/on pins and needles. Mainly Houston, the director of the museum is feeling this way and passing on the anxiety to all of us. Next weekend is the big Texas Independence Day Celebration and we have to be ready for it. The most important thing that must get done is the exhibit room for the actual Texas Declaration of Indepenecence.

My task for the big celebration is the Art Contest that we run for the 4th graders in neighboring schools. Last weekend I sorted through and pre-judged almost 200 projects (half of which were pictures of the Alamo). This week I have met the judges, calculated the winners, called the trophy store with the winners' names, printed certificates, made labels for the winning projects, and sent out letter to the winning students. It's been a whirlwind for me...and my desk is showing the signs. Before Saturday I have to work on the speech Anne and I give at the Awards Ceremony!

I meant to write this a couple of weeks ago. In this month's issue of Texas Highways there is a large article about Washington-on-the-Brazos State Park (where I work). If you are bored and want some good reading material I suggest this magazine. I actually haven't read the article yet--it's been passed around the office and hasn't made it way to me. I've heard it is very good.

Today on my way to work I saw a cow/bull with his head stuck in the barbed wire fence. I felt so sorry for him. I had a strong urge to stop and get him out. How scary would it be to be stuck in a painful situation that you couldn't get out of? Hopefully when I leave today someone will have rescued him.

1 comment:

Julie said...

if you steal chuck norris' jacket for me, i'll find you a nice russian boy who will cook for you and buy you an infinite supply of cadbury eggs.