Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Post V-Day

My dad came through! When I got home from work I checked my mail and there was a Valentine's card waiting for me with an apology for not being able to fit a rose inside.

When I reached my apartment door there was another surprise awaiting me. Outside my door there was a vase with a dozen yellow roses and a heart shaped candy box. Along with the presents was a very sweet note from a kind and courageous friend from college--his name will remain annonymous to protect the innocent. I was very, very flattered.

My party went very well. 3 girls from my devo showed up along with Heather a little later. I believe all of the girls from the devo are sophomores at A&M or Blinn College. Before we started a movie I had to introduce them to the special hidden interview on LOTR Return of the King (Rachael you would be so proud of me spreading the word). The girls had never seen Breakfast at Tiffany's so I enlightened them--such a great movie! The movie ended around 9:30 and we began talking, girl's favorite pasttime. They ended up staying until 11:30. I loved getting to spend this time with these girls and becoming closer to them.

1 comment:

Julie said...

i'm glad your valentine's day was lovely!