Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope everyone has had and will continue to have a wonderful Valentine's Day! This is my first V-Day away from my family. My dad would always get me a rose and sometimes something else special. When I worked in the Provost office he would leave it on my desk so it would be a nice suprise.

Work has been very fast paced today. We had a group of 130 7th graders come for tours in the morning time. They were some of the best behaved middle schoolers we've had so far. Then after tours I had lots of phone calls to make--mostly people I had ignored during History Fair craziness. Even though it gets a little chaotic at times, I love this job and am so happy I took it!

On Tuesday nights I usually have my girls devo but since it it Valentine's Day we canceled it for this week. So instead I have invited a group of girls from that devo (those that didn't have plans already) to come to my apartment for movies and special Valentine treats. I'm really excited--this is my first time to entertain people in my apartment! Last night I baked brownies and placed pink hearts on top with icing. I also found this cookie decorating set that has edible messages that you stick on top of cookies with icing. I mixed up a pitcher of pink lemonade kool-aid and watermelon kiwi kool-aid. I hope a good group of girls come over--I really want to get to know them better.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hey EC! I wish I could have come to your party! Curtis and I had our V-Day on Monday because Tuesday is his major homework night. So, it would have been perfect if I could have skipped "be quiet while Curtis does matrix problems" night and had some of your beautiful brownies!