Monday, February 27, 2006

This Day...

Sundays have become my favorite day of the week. So many wonderful, uplifting things happen on Sundays. I start the morning off with my sweet 3-year-olds who through their innocence and love of life teach me new things each week. Then I spend an hour praising and worshiping along with fellow Christians. This Sunday at church our preacher mentioned that some of the soldiers in Iraq have been downloading the services from the internet. So to show our appreciation for their service we gave them a round of applause, hoping they would be able to download that section of the service. I don't know why but this simple act got to me. I guess being in a ritual of daily tasks I sometimes forget about the war going on and the men and women who are living a less than ordinary life.

This Sunday I had a wonderful time fellowshiping. After Sunday morning church I went to lunch with Natalie, one of the girls from my devo. We went to Cheddar's and we each ordered a great chicken fried steak dinner. That evening I sat with Natalie and Amanda for the evening service. They were planning to watch a movie at their house and invited me to come. So I spent the evening hanging out with two great girls, watching Flight Plan, and eating chocolate cookies. Amanda is my age and went to ACU so we had a lot to talk about. And Natalie showed me her autographed picture of David Duchovny which made my evening!

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Hey Erin! I just wanted you to know that I think about you and read your blogs. Thanks for posting your stories! I did see Traci's haircut. :-) She came by my office to show me and we talked about how cool it is to have short hair. And I know Amanda Scott! She was in my U100 group! Will you tell her I said hi? Well, Happy Texas Weekend! :-) Of course we'll miss you tons at the wedding!