Sunday, May 14, 2006

Bachlorette--Austin Style

This Saturday after work I headed out for Christy's new house in Austin to meet up with the original Abilene crew for Kelly Haseltine's bachlorette party. Christy, Heather, Jessica (Kelly's sister), Trish (who I haven't seen since October)and I went to paint the town! After a dinner at Razoo's we head to downtown...mainly 6th street. We had to find a place that would allow under 21 year olds for Jessica. We went to a piano bar where we got Kelly to sit on the piano while the singer sang to her.

We then went upstairs to another room with a band with an amazing black singer. While up there the drummer from downstairs bought all of us a round of shots! Also the same drummer, probably my dad's age, asked Trish, the only married woman of the group, to dance. Before we left the singer got our bachlorette party up on the dance floor. Trish and I had a scary encounter with a drunk guy on the balcony. We weren't sure what he was talking about and quickly slipped back inside. We returned to Christy's a little after 2:00. After some m&m's, cake, and chips and dip (just like our old slumber parties) we headed to bed.

Then I woke up at 6:00 in order to drive back to College Station in time to teach my 3 year old class--Whoa!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Aww, that reminds me of Trish's bachelorette party in Dallas...good times.