Thursday, May 04, 2006

Enjoyable Day

I was dreading my work load today. We had four tours listed all from the same school...all 7th graders. The majority of the middle school groups have been filled with students who are very closed mouthed and give the impression that they are bored with what you are saying. My first group was mainly all boys who appeared to have been held back because they were towering over me (which is not hard to do). They were absolutely wonderful! Upstairs they listened intently and asked lots of questions. My next two groups were the same way--full of curiosity and good questions. The last group had to leave early so we allowed them to look on their own for 10 minutes on each floor with Judy and I supervising. While on the second floor I had many girls come up to me asking me to tell them about certain objects or a section of the exhibit. I was absolutely floored! I made sure to inform the teachers on how wonderful their entire group was.

Tonight a large group of us are heading out after devo to a place called Time Square to celebrate Mandy's b-day. Time Square is a bar/dance place without country music (Hallelujah). It also has pool, darts and other activities. I'm pretty excited about this!

No comments: