Thursday, May 18, 2006

Vaguely Familiar

There is a weird phenomenon that occassionally occurrs in my life but lately it has been happening far too often. I often have people who tell me I look familiar to them or that I remind them of somebody. Usually this happens over a space of time but lately it had become more frequent. Two weeks ago at church I had a young married couple come up to me before service to apologize for staring at me. (I personally didn't notice them staring...if I had I might have been a little unnerved. The lady explained that I looked exactly like her sister and they just couldn't get over the similarity. After service that same Sunday a lady I met stated that I reminded her of one of her good friends. This past Sunday I had two instances where people I met said I looked very familiar.

This happens so often that I wonder am I a clone or is there a part of my life that I don't remember. Maybe I have met these people before. Maybe I just have "one of those faces". It's sometimes very bizarre. Does anyone else have this problem?

1 comment:

Mary said...

Erin, that actually has happened a couple of times to me before too. If it makes you feel any better, there is a girl in my graduate history program at UTSA that really reminds me of you. She went to UT and now teaches geography at a local high school, and she looks and acts a lot like you!