Friday, May 05, 2006

Dance the Night Away

Well, I had a fantastic time dancing the night away last night. After the devo Garrett, Andy, Sarah, Sarah, Mandy, Amanda, Justin, Natalie, and I made our way to Time Square. It was a very nice facility with a huge room filled with pool tables and a room for dancing...including a stage for those who are completely confident in their dancing abilities. The problem was there were not many people there. So we decided to make our way to the Hall of Fame more commonly known as the Hall. It was full of dancing fools! At first we all stood around talking--rather loudly over the music. Then the Cotton Eye Joe began playing and all of us girls ran out to the dance floor. I've learned it's best not to wear flip flops when performing that dance. Right at the start of the song my shoe came off and the people in front start coming toward it. I think I invented a new version of the Cotton Eye. Then the hip hop music started. So in the midst of the bumping and griding individuals, (which was quite a shock to me--I've never seen that in person before) there was a small circle of Church of Christers trying to fit in with the mix. Later I got to freshen up on my two-step skills with Garrett. Apparently I'm a little rusty--I have to work more on sliding my moves instead of hopping. We stayed there until 12:30--whoo! Right before leaving Sarah and I were standing by ourselves and actually were asked to dance by two guys. Quite flattering but we turned them down...I don't enjoy dancing with strange guys I don't know. All in all it was a great night. But I sure felt it this morning at work!

No comments: