Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Summer Happenings

This Sunday was going to be my first time to attend the Graduates and young professionals class. (My 3 year old class is over and I am taking the summer off. I am scheduled as a summer substitue teacher and will be teaching the Wednesday night 5-year-old class in the fall). Unfortunately this Sunday all of the classes were combined in the auditorium--there is always next week. But I found out the GAP class is having a game night this Thursday. Also the GAP girls are starting a Monday night bible study which I plan to attend. This way I will be connected with two groups: the Aggie group and the GAP group. Also there is a women's knitting class that will be starting on Wednesday nights. This will help me get to know more women in the church. I'm very excited about these new summer opportunities!

Sunday night, after church, Sarah and I went to Pei Wei, one of my favorite restaurants--well, one on a large list of restaurants. Apparently, my order was forgotten. When Sarah's dish came out the waitress came to apologize profusely and tell me that my order was just now cooking. To make up for the inconveinence, she gave both Sarah and I a coupon for a free lettuce wrap!

I received my tax refund today--whoo hoo! So I think pretty soon I'm going to get a chair to match my fabulous couch.

No comments: