Friday, May 12, 2006

I Feel Faint

Today during one of my upstairs tours I had a fourth grade girl faint! I had the kids in the medical section and I was telling them about how doctors use to bleed people as a cure for illnesses. Just as I started to talk about using leeches to suck people's blood...down she fell like a sack of potatoes! I thought she had tripped but when she didn't get right back up I knew what had happened. She was only out for a couple seconds and then the teacher took her to get some fresh air. I'm sure the talk of blood and medical stuff just got to her.

I use to be really bad when it came to talking about the inner workings of the body. When I was little I couldn't even hear the word blood. It was the "b" word. In my 5th grade Sex Ed class I fainted, banging my head on the table, and in 6th grade I threw up. At times I still can get a qwizzy (sp?) during some talks.

I had a lot of fun at my party last night. I met Andrei at his apartment and helped him finish getting the spaghetti noodles ready. Then we packed his car up and headed to the club house to meet everyone. He lives in a really nice apartment complex with an amazing pool--I wish we had brought our swimsuits. My salad went over very well--which is good because I've never made a "group salad" before. I ended up knowing about half of the people from my girl's devo and the Aggie class. We played ping pong and pool. We learned two valuable lessons last night: (1) Ping pong balls do not come out when dropped in the pool table (2) Do not try to retrieve the ping pong ball with the pool table balls as they well ALL get stuck :) I had a great time getting to know new people and hanging out with people I already knew!

No comments: